Transferring a finished print to a garment is simple and can be done immediately after DTF printing and curing, or up to a month later. Longer storage times may be possible if carefully stored in an air-tight container and in a climate-controlled environment.
- Prepare your heat press for a DTF image transfer.
|Film Type||Cotton Temp (F)||Poly Temp (F)||Press PSI||Transfer Press Time||Time Before Peeling||Finish Press Time|
|Hot Peel||300-330◦||260-280◦||50-70||20-30 sec||0||10-20 sec|
|Cold Peel||300-330◦||260-280◦||50-70||20-30 sec||30-90 sec||10-20 sec|
- Cut out the image that you want to transfer to a garment from the film roll or sheet.
- Place the garment to receive the image transfer onto the heat press.
- Place the DTF print on the garment, with the ink & glue side of the film directly against the fabric, positioned exactly where you want it transferred.
- Verify that the collar, shoulders, and any seams are draped off the side of the heat press to ensure proper pressure at the transfer location
- Press the transfer onto the fabric using the above temperature, pressure, and duration.
- Remove the garment from the heat press, and lay it on a clean, flat, hard surface.
- When using cold peel film, delay this step for a minute or so, until the inked area of the garment has cooled down to room temperature. Carefully peel the film away from the garment at a moderate rate.
- Place the shirt back on the heat press with a sheet of parchment or Kraft Paper or a white silicone sheet between the shirt and the top of the heat press, then perform a final “finish” press for the duration shown above at the same temperature and pressure as the transfer. This further cures the surface of the print and creates a smoother transition between ink & fabric.
The transfer process is now complete!
Not finding what you need?
You can contact our technical support team by sending an email to email@example.com with your company name, contact name, phone number, printer serial number, and a quick description of how we can help you.
This will automatically open a support case for you in our ticketing system and a technical support rep will follow up with you shortly.